Constitution of Authority for Advance Ruling enlarged to have more Benches [Section 245-O] [W.e.f. 1-10-2014]
The Finance (No. 2) Act, 2014 has enlarged the Constitution of Authority for Advance Ruling as under:
(1) The Authority shall consist of a Chairman and such number of Vice-chairmen, revenue Members and law Members as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint.
(2) A person shall be qualified for appointment as—
(a) Chairman, who has been a Judge of the Supreme Court;
(b) Vice-chairman, who has been Judge of a High Court;
(c) a revenue Member from the Indian Revenue Service, who is a Principal Chief Commissioner or Principal Director General or Chief Commissioner or Director General;
(d) a law Member from the Indian Legal Service, who is an Additional Secretary to the Government of India.
(3) The terms and conditions of service and the salaries and allowances payable to the Members shall be such as may be prescribed.
(4) The Central Government shall provide to the Authority with such officers and employees, as may be necessary, for the efficient discharge of the functions of the Authority under this Act
(5) The powers and functions of the Authority may be discharged by its Benches as may be constituted by the Chairman from amongst the Members thereof.
(6) A Bench shall consist of the Chairman or the Vice-chairman and one revenue Member and one law Member.
(7) The Authority shall be located in the-National Capital Territory of Delhi and its Benches shall be located at such places as the Central Government may, by notification specify.BACK