Changes in CPT – CPT New Syllabus From 2016
- The present entrance exam CPT (Common Proficiency Test) has changed to “Foundation Exam”
- CPT MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) based exam has changed to Foundation descriptive exam. Now you can register for CPT before 6 months. In new scheme you should register before 9 months.
- Adequate time gap is given so that students get sufficient time to study since the Foundation Course has been made descriptive. Also, there is an addition of full paper.
- Foundation Examination will be partly descriptive in nature.
- At present there are 4 subjects in CPT syllabus. In new scheme there are 6 subjects.
- ICAI has added two additional papers in Foundation exam (CPT). They are 1. General English for 50 Marks. 2. Business communication for 50 Marks.
CA Course 2016 – Foundation Course (CPT) syllabus applicable from 2016
Foundation Course: Number of Papers — 4
Paper 1 : Fundamentals of Accounting (100 marks)
Paper 2 : Quantitative Aptitude (100marks)
Paper 3A : Mercantile Law (60 marks)
Paper 3B : General Economics (40 marks)
Paper 4A : General English (50 marks)
Paper 4B : Business Communication (50 marks)
Two papers will be MCQ based papers.
Changes in CA IPCC – IPCC New Syllabus / Scheme 2016
ICAI has announced some changes in CA IPCC syllabus also. Here we are providing Changes from 2016 in CA IPCC Syllabus / Scheme.
- Present CA IPCC exam has 7 papers. In new scheme there are 8 papers for IPCC exam.
- Changes in CA IPCC Cost accounting and Financial Management
- Now costing and Fm exam for 100 Marks. But in new scheme
- Costing exam for 100 marks (Group – 1)
- Financial Management exam for 100 marks (Group – 2)
- Changes in CA IPCC Law Paper
- Communication of Law paper 20 Marks has removed from CA IPCC Law paper.
- Business Law of 30 Marks removed from CA IPCC.
- Marks weightage of Company Act has increased to 60 marks
- Other laws is for 20 marks and Ethics for 20 marks
- Changes in CA IPCC Tax exam. Tax paper has divided into 2 parts
- Direct Tax – 100 Marks (Group – 1)
- Indirect Tax – 100 Marks (Group – 2)
- Information Technology and Strategic Management Paper removed from CA IPCC Group – 2 completely.
See below CA IPCC Syallbus From 2016.
Intermediate Course: Number of Papers — 8
Paper – 1 : Accounting (100 marks)
Paper – 2 : Company Law, Other Laws and Ethics (100 marks)
- Part – I : Company Law (60 marks)
- Part – Il : Other Laws (20 marks)
- Part – Ill : Ethics (20 marks)
Paper – 3 Cost Accounting (100 marks)
Paper- 4 : Direct Taxes (100 marks)
Paper – 5 : Advanced Accounting (100 marks)
Paper – 6 : Auditing and Assurance (100 marks)
Paper – 7 : Financial Management (100 marks)
Paper – 8 : Indirect Taxes (100 marks)
Changes in CA Final – Final Syllabus / Scheme From 2016
ICAI has announced some changes in CA Final syllabus / scheme also. These changes in CA Final syllabus / scheme applicable from 2016. In new scheme also there are 8 papers for CA Final exam.
- The subject Information Systems Control and Audit (1SCA) has removed in CA Final syllabus.
- International Taxation for 40 marks has been added in CA Final syllabus 2016 view of increasing importance of the subject in the present globalized world.
- A new subject ‘Financial Services and Capital Market’ has been included to make CA more competitive in the finance related areas.
- The nomenclature Corporate Laws and other Economic Laws has been kept to make the name more representative of the subject.
See below CA Final syllabus / scheme from 2016
CA Final Course: Number of Papers: 8
Paper – 1 : Financial Reporting (100 Marks)
Paper – 2 : Strategic Financial Management ( 100 Marks)
Paper – 3 : Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics (100 Marks)
Paper – 4 : Corporate Laws and Other Economic Laws (100 Marks)
Paper – 5 : Advanced Management Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper – 6 : Financial Services and Capital Markets (100 Marks)
Paper – 7 : Advanced Tax Management (60 Mark) and International Taxation (40 Marks)
Paper – 8 : Indirect Tax Laws (100 Marks)
Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS)
- Objective:To sharpen the technical and soft skills of CA students.
- Duration : Three Weeks
- Who shall do: Students registering for the Intermediate course shall be required to do ICITSS before commencing practical training.
- Assessment Test: An assessment test shall be conducted at the end of the course which the students have to qualify.
- Duration of Practical Training :Three YearsCommences after one completes Integrated Course on information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) and passes at least Group I of Intermediate.
- Commences after one completes Integrated Course on information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) and passes at least Group I of Intermediate.For direct entrants coming through Graduation and Post Graduation route, the practical training commences immediately after they complete three weeks ICITSS.
- For direct entrants coming through Graduation and Post Graduation route, the practical training commences immediately after they complete three weeks ICITSS.